Saturday, April 3, 2010

Episode #16 - Happy Easter!

In this episode, I'll share a bit about our search for information about John's great grandmother, Elizabeth Norman Skae, the artist who painted the picture below. In the background is Arthur's Seat; the church is (we believe) St. Giles, where Elizabeth was a member, and in the foreground, the fishing nets in the harbour.

The house where Elizabeth spent her final days, #16 Jordan Lane, in Edinburgh.


I'll also tell you about the most amazing cinnamon buns I've ever had... or made! (Yes, that's John's finger "cleaning" the counter of glaze.

Fresh out of the oven....


And ready to eat...


Links:

Let me know if the Recipezaar recipe links don't work; I'm having some problems accessing their site at the moment and am not completely certain I have the address correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment