Saturday, May 30, 2009

Episode #5 Designing Women

In this week's episode, I'll share a bit about my knitting (and crafting) history and how it links me to my past, of which I know very little, really.

The pillowslip my mother gave me... the date on it reads 1803. 

We've talked a bit about designing in past episodes, so let's put some of that talk into practice. Let's design a little boy's pullover. I'll walk you through the process I might take, from start to finish. This week, we start. Here's the concept... (similar in styling to Jared Flood's Cobblestone)

...and the swatch...

I'll review two books this week:
Clicking the book title will take you to their respective Amazon links. 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this episode! I can't wait for the next one. It makes sweater design seem a lot less intimidating.

    ReplyDelete